Re: [atlarge-discuss] Domain Name: icannatlarge.org

> Bret Fausett wrote:
>
> > Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
> > > I have a question.  What permissions does the account admin have on
> the
> > > hosting provider's server?  Read, write and execute?
> >
> > It's a shared service, so you'll be a regular user, not root. I'll see
> if I
> > can find a description of the service offering, Joop selected the host,
> so
> > he's probably better able to identify the user's level of access.
>
> Perhaps Joop is also in control of  the access levels as well then?
> Hmm...
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos

Why is this discussed here, and not taken care of in the Webmaster Rules
which the Panel has to write?

I personally hope that the Panel will not decide that Joop - or anybody else
- should hand over anything "immediately" as long as the Panel has not
written the rules. It would be a bad precedent if the Panel would decide this,
while negelcting to write the rules. I hope the Panel is not a "tyrannos" but
acts as a democratic body working according to transparent procedures.

After all, we should be happy that the web site is still working and
provides an opportunity to atrtract some new members, and show to friend and
no-so-much-friend that we exist with over 1000 members.

Norbert

--
Norbert Klein
Open Forum of Cambodia: www.forum.org.kh