Re: [atlarge-discuss] No quorum

Hugh and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Hugh Blair wrote:

> [...]

  I hope not!  But it seems that at least as far as the mandated
limited scope and most important work of the Panel has
effectively stopped, or is of now much less importance.
I find that to be troubling in a number of obvious ways.
Don't you?

> > Hence, presently it would
> > seem that focused direction for the Panel is lost or directed in
> > several different directions.
>
> If they aren't capable of keeping focus on their current
> direction or projects, then the wrong people are in those
> positions.

  Perhaps so, yes.  But if so than Sotiris's idea for a motion needs to
be
put in the form of a motion and than voted upon by the members
in a no confidence vote.  Such a motion has yet to be put forward.
I hope that Sotiris will do so soon.

> They hold a position of trust and responsibility.
> If any member - much less a Panel member - thinks so little
> of their responsibilities to this organization, they should
> be relegated to the status of viewer/guest. One *sure* should
> not hold office and not vote. That is just short of criminal.

  Well i think that associating the term "Criminal" is a bit
of overkill here Hugh.  But I agree that if they cannot
perform their primary and limited mandated function's
as a priority, than perhaps replacement is necessary,
or at least worth consideration by the members.

  However, the warning that Sotiris posted, should be
a wakeup call to the Panel members to get busy on their
primary mandated functions ASAP, or potentially face
a no confidence vote by the members.  I hope such a vote
is not necessary, but I am also becoming increasingly
convinced that it is.  Such a vote as in the IDNO, would
be very divisive, and cause fragmentation and disgruntlement
that may never be repaired a la the IDNO fiasco...