Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: WG-DNS name protection

Bruce and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Bruce Young wrote:

> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> | I cannot prevent the yammering and personal slurs hurled at my
> | person or in the name or my fellow Texans.  But I also cannot
> | just ignore such nonsensical slurs either.
>
> Sure you can!

Ethically, no I cannot.

> Or at least take them off this list.

  I would behappy to do so if the person or persons that initiated such
slurs would initiate such and keep it that way.  But so far that doesn't
seem to be their motivation, now does it?  Of course it isn't and doesn't..

> It's obvious that you have made ememies in the past who are using this list
> to trash you.  So don't give them a forum by responding to them.  In fact,
> you could even consider doing what others say they are doing to you and put
> them on your "twit list!" :)
>
> Jeff, when you're on your game you have often provided very valuable
> thoughts on this forum, and the ALSC forum preceding it.  In fact, you and I
> and a small core of folks were the only ones keeping up the conversation
> there at one point.  Please stay focused on providing forward-thinking ideas
> and ignoring the "noise."

  I try to do that Bruce.  But when I or my fellow Texans are publicly
attacked on this or any other public forum, we and/or I am obliged
to respond in kind so as to be sure facts are not skewed, slurred or
otherwise misstated, Bruce.  That's unfortunately one of the less
tasteful parts of the expanded political arena that you and I dislike
so much.  But sometimes it is necessary to directly address such
nonsense with common and factual sense.  Surely you can
accept that very basic precept...

> As for the "noisemakers:"  This is a *user* forum.  Jeff's status, or anyone
> else's is immaterial to our discourse.  Here we all speak for ourselves, and
> ourselves alone.

  I speak for myself AND sometimes our [INEGroup] members Bruce.

>  That is the only bona fides Jeff needs here.

  My bonifieds are well documented and can be obtained via FOIA
requests to the proper authorities Bruce.  So you not exactly correct here
either.  But you point is still appreciably taken by me, regardless.

>  Stop your
> personal attacks and quit hogging our bandwidth!  We have important work to
> do here, and we don't need all the noise!

  Who's personal attacks?  Not mine...  Judyth, Michael, Ron on occasion,
and a couple of others seem to wish to disrupt meaningful discourse in
either attacking anything I and a few others post.  Sour grapes seems to
be the underlying tone of such remarks or retorts of these individuals.
I do feel sorry for them in a way, but I should not and cannot let them
go uncontested all the time.  Sometimes if they are so obviously
silly, I do however...