Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-web] Re: [atlarge-discuss] Opening of the WG-Web mailing list

Dear Stephen,
this is some frustration by someone who suffered a lot of frustrations on this issue. Today we have a situation where the WG-Web acting chair has no access to the site, nor even relations with the Webmaster, where the registered owners do not know how to update the site DNS, where no one knows how the site works. So let keep calm and relax.

1. let try to have it working. Tim proposed to do that. I am sure Hans will help.
2. let have a WG-Web chair and devise a quick charter and have it approved by the Panel
3. let have members of the WG-Web taking responsbility for some pages of the site
- forum
- user registration
- special topics
- mailing lists
- panelist support
and update procedures adopted together with an internal linking strategy to permit security.

The tension we met was not needed. We want to achieve somehing together. Notto just dispute over by-laws, quick and dirty sites, and ICANN :-)

Look at Sotiris beautyfull site on Greeck Philosophy. It would be great if he picked the News Page. But we need a procedure to have the things clean, simple, workable.
All this takes time.
cheers.
jfc

jfc