Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-web] Re: [atlarge-discuss] Opening of the WG-Web mailing list

Jefsey and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> Dear Stephen,
> this is some frustration by someone who suffered a lot of frustrations on
> this issue. Today we have a situation where the WG-Web acting chair has no
> access to the site, nor even relations with the Webmaster, where the
> registered owners do not know how to update the site DNS, where no one
> knows how the site works. So let keep calm and relax.

  First of all we have no "WG-WEB Acting Chair" jefsey.  Second,
any chair or "Acting Chair" does not, nor should need access to the
Web site.  Third, and most important, the DN does not resolve
yet.

  It is indeed pitiful that the current registrant or admin. for
ICANNATLARGE.ORG doesn't have sufficient skills to
adequately manage the DN or be able to secure assistance
to do so.  The latter of which I clearly cannot comprehend,
when such talent is readily available, has offered to assist,
or can be hired if funding was available or made so...
To me this smacks of incompetence in the extreme...  :(

> 1. let try to have it working. Tim proposed to do that. I am sure Hans will
> help.
> 2. let have a WG-Web chair and devise a quick charter and have it approved
> by the Panel
> 3. let have members of the WG-Web taking responsbility for some pages of
> the site
>      - forum
>      - user registration
>      - special topics
>      - mailing lists
>      - panelist support
>      and update procedures adopted together with an internal linking
> strategy to permit security.

  All good ideas here Jefsey.  However Hans is clearly not the person
to be messing with the DN or Web Site given his recent rouge behavior.

> The tension we met was not needed. We want to achieve somehing together.
> Notto just dispute over by-laws, quick and dirty sites, and ICANN :-)

  These two sentences make little sense Jefsey?  Can you perhaps
state or write them differently so that they can make some sense?

> Look at Sotiris beautyfull site on Greeck Philosophy. It would be great if
> he picked the News Page. But we need a procedure to have the things clean,
> simple, workable.

  Agreed here.

> All this takes time.

  Simple and clean takes very little time.  And too much time has already
passed.