Re: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] Web Site Updates?

Bruce and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Bruce Young wrote:

> I continue to endorse the idea that, as Webmaster, Brett should chair the
> WG-Web.  It only makes sense.

  Why does only make sense?  I frankly don't see how...  Rather in order
to keep with our democratic principals, a WG Chair should indeed must,
be elected.  Brett is not one of the current candidates for WG Chair
of WG-Web started by Jefsey...

  Let's also not forget that a webmaster position is more of an employee
to employer relationship even though in our case we are not paying
Brett anything as he volunteered.  Hence it would be inconsistent with
good reason and process for the Webmaster to be a chair of the
WG-Web.  However he/she could always be a chair if elected to be so
of any other WG...

> I also agree that this should be a small group, no more than 5, and they be
> from the membership.  If a Panel member is involved it should be in an
> advisory role only.

  Nay member should be able to be a member of the WG-Web.  We
already all agreed to that Bruce.  I agree that this group should be
small, yes, but 5 is far too small.  However to keep with our democratic
principals and taking from experiences on the DNSO GA with such small
groups making or guiding decisions for the membership meet with
allot of controversy and dislike that is frankly well earned.  Hence
to do as you now suggest, would be less than useful for this organization
and lead only to disenfranchisement that undermines our principals
to the degree of being illegitimate...