Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] Open call to join ICANNATLARGE.ORG

At 05:50 a.m. 27/12/2002, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
Bruce,

Why should I, or anyone else, ever join icannatlarge.org?
You may have intended that as a rhetorical question, Danny, but let me answer it for you anyway.

"In order to offer my help and solidarity to like minded individuals who want to make a beginning with At Large self-organization."

You may think that harping from the sidelines accomplishes the same thing, but actually supporting works better with an all-volunteer crew.

Why don't you form an Icannatlarge Party under the Icannatlarge.org umbrella and work together in formulating the "organizational documents" that would suit your philosophy best?

What has been attempted so far is not usable for an umbrella structure, but can be the skeleton for a Party structure.

While there has certainly been ample time to properly organize this group,
the membership of icannatlarge.org is still not in receipt of any
organizational documents (even after twice electing a slate of candidates to
produce such a set of bylaws).   If the leadership of this group can't be
trusted to deliver on promises to its own membership, why then should anyone
else bother to join this group?  We get enough broken promises from ICANN...

You were elected to get a job done.  You have failed miserably in that
endeavor.  It's time for all of you to either get the job done or to resign.

Consider this an "Open Call".

Consider my response a challenge to be less of a lone wolf.

Happy New Year, Danny.

--Joop--
www.icannatlarge.com

Sign up and spread the word.