Re: [atlarge-discuss] Our Task List and Status...

At 12:09 p.m. 30/12/2002, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:

3. we are in an historical change. The proposition that many make of some kind of offtheshelves "articles", "by-laws", "delaware", "tax...", etc. are to me like if the Insurgents had decided to elect George Washington King of America and maried him to the daughter of King of France. Just because it was the way things were done in that days.
Exactly right. The Organization we are trying to give to icannatlarge needs an entire new way of network-thinking. Meetings, motions and voting in email- or web space give us an entirely novel set of possibilities and drawbacks.
Our Bylaws need to take full advantage of these possibilities and address the drawbacks.

The democratic principles of respect for both the individual and the majority remain, but the rules that allow us to juggle these principles in cyberspace fairly at all times need to be thought about and debated.
Nothing off-the-shelf is available.
WE are the trailblazers that will be followed when successful.

(We only have the archives of earlier attempts to guide us and save us the time avoiding previous mistakes).

-joop-