Re: [atlarge-discuss] Fw: Resignation

On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:27:16 +1300, you wrote:

>>Now if only the rest of the current Panel would conscientiously follow suit, we
>>can turn this thing around and have some chance at progressing this
>>organization.
>
>I don't want all or even most of the panel to resign necessarily.  I
>just want them to start producing results.

I am not sure about what I should do. I have been spending as much
time as I could in December to keep our website minimally updated, to
try to restart discussion on bylaws, and to find volunteers to lead
this and other tasks (as I cannot manage to be Chair, write the Bylaws
and be the webmaster alone).

For example, I could call a panel vote on the mission statement any
time, and I was in fact going to do it, but what would it be for if
there has not been any feedback or discussion on the working group
that was created to do so? Or we could have the vote on where we
should head, ie whether we should join the RALO process (and how much)
or not, but again, I only heard Richard and Jefsey on it. And I don't
think it's the case that I decide things alone or almost alone.

Personally, I think that there's no point in getting even more weeks
of instability by having the panel resign and voting new people in,
and that things could be better if you and other interested people
joined wg-bylaws and if all panel members could at least spare some
time to ratify the results.

But again, the Chair is here mostly to follow the membership's
suggestions.
--
vb.            [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<---