Re: [atlarge-discuss] Fw: Resignation

Dear Vittorio,

as a former panel member, who has followed the discussion and was rather
silent the the last weeks, I would support a quick and simple procedure to
ask the 1000+ registered icanatlarge.com/.org members, whether they have
joined the emerging organisation to work within or outside ICANN. Time is
more than ripe to make a clear distinction. As far as I see the process
there will be unavoidable a split: there are a number of
people/unsers/members who want to work within ICANN and the emerging RALOs.
And there are a number of people/users/members who want to work outside
ICANN. Both sides have good reasons for their approach but it is impossible,
at least for the moment, to bridge this two positions. Both sides block each
other and the outcome is zero. In such a situation a split is a clear
answer. Both sides can do whatever they want, find supporters, create a
structure based on a mission statement and bylaws and adopt a work plan. So
my recommendation is that you as the chairman aks this question. And in the
light of the vote you can decide what you want to do in the future.

Once again, take my compliments for your engaged work since March 2002.

Best regards

wolfgang kleinwaechter

BTW, if you go back into the history of the social movements in the 19th
century the discussion, pushed forward by Richard, Sotiris and others should
not come as a surprise. I recommend people interested in this subject to
study the documents of the German Lablur movement between 1848 and 1893, in
particular the writing of Mr. Lasalle and the documents of the Gothaer
Vereinigungsparteitag.