[atlarge-discuss] The coming election

Jefsey wrote:
"Vittorio,
I already called for that election. Richard is no more a member."

* * * * * * * *

Jefsey and Vittorio,

Just to clarify:
I am no longer a panel member.
However, I am still very much a *member* of the organisation.

I am looking forward to:

(a) Confirmation that new elections will go ahead at the earliest
opportunity
(b) Use of Polling system to define terms of these elections
(c) The elections
(d) A new panel which will subordinate itself to the policies defined by its
membership

I will be seeking candidates who will collectively stand for election on
this principle of "the membership determining policy through regular use of
the Polling process, and a panel which is subordinated to the decisions of
the membership". Coupled with this, I will be seeking the right of every
member to submit questions worded as they see fit, and a democratic process
for prioritising these questions, based on selection *by the members* - NOT
by the panel or a polling commission. I will not be seeking election to the
panel myself, because I want to operate from the membership itself, which
should hold the actual power for decision making.

I have not left this organisation, but I am seeking a "bottom up" democratic
process for it.

This election will have at least ONE party fielding candidates, along the
lines Joop has often suggested, and this party will stand on the principle
of members defining and determining policy, with a panel under their
command.

My best wishes,

Richard Henderson