[atlarge-discuss] ELECTIONS AND REVIVAL ORGANIZATION

Dear @large Members,
Vittorio has confirmed that he wanted elections to occur as sonn as possible, that his Panel was reduced to him, non active, to Bruce, silent, and to me. I therefore confim and update this mail and ask everyone to cooperate.
----
We are now in a situation where I think I must I take "under". I mean by that to _serve_ this community in trying to avoid its total disbanding.

My target is that by March 1st, 2003 this organization has;

1. an elected Panel in charge of the Membership list and of the Wehsite
2. an elected Chair and a Co-Chair
3. an incorporation on its immediate way in a well defined country
4. an open polling and forum set of solutions
5. a community SLD registry
6. the capacity to enter into MoU submitted to the Membership with any @large oriented organization including ICANN, DPF proposed project, Danny's intentions etc.
7. a common practice of taking monthly polls on the matter discussed or on matter of common interest to the governance (to get and publish monthly indicators)

To that end:

1. I thank Joop to establish the Polling Booth for two votes:

- for the 11 "next in line" elected Panel Members to permit them to approve this plan
(this plan will proceed, their approval is for the image and the peace of this organization).
and to indicate if they want to serve as polling officer for the election to come.

- for a general community vote concerning:

- the election of 11 panelists
- the mission of the Panel as the keeper of the website and of the members list only to
- manage the web site
- manage the Members list
- enter into Membership approved MoUs.with other organizations
(polling services, parties, ICANN, etc.)
- the selection of the county of incorporation

2. I call for Panelist nomination.

- nominations are open. Please send a mail on this list subject "I NOMINATE ..."
- nominations will close on Sunday 23th 00:00 GMT.
- I will call publicly on this list the nominated persons to accept and commit to participate
- positive public acceptations will have to be received by Thursday 20th 00;00 GMT
- vote will start on Friday 21th 00:00 GMT and close on Friday 28th 00;00 GMT
- the vote will be carried in providing in ticking the list of candidate.
the number of ticks will be the number of votes.
- the new Panel will be installed on Friday 28th.
It will initially be chaired and co-chaired by the two election winners.
- the Panelists who so desire will be Polling officers acting as Joop proposed.

3. I call for nominations concerning the country where to register.
Please send a mail to the list, subject "I PROPOSE (name of the country)"
Please tell in one line or so the reasons why.
The list will be proposed at the same time as the Panelist vote.

4. I call for serious committed and documented solutions for a secondary polling system so we may not have to rely on Joop's booth only. Otherwise I will propose one by the end of next week.

5. I call for a serious committed and documented solution for a Panel voting system where panelists can enter, second; vote motions and document positions on an open site. Otherwise I will propose one by the end of next week.

6. I ask Joop to add a question to the vote about the Forum
- is the forum of interest
- is the current forum OK
- would a secondary forum of use

7. I call on everyone wanting to poll the community to send questions
subject "POLL QUESTION : ... so they may be grouped and added to the vote.
These questions will NOT be for a vote, but to understand the orientation of the Members.
The selection of the questions will be made by the Panelists willing to participate.
To keep things quick in absence of procedure I will decide with Bruce if he accepts.

I thank your for your help and cooperation. We all realize that everything depends on candidatures and in getting and maintaining some momentum to this. I thank you specially:

- not to dispute all this nor to start any ad hominem on me or candidates
(we will have time when we are set and Members' votes will decide)
- when my Frenglish is poor un here to edit and republish this mail
- to nominate serious and committed people
- to accept your nominations when they come. We need at least 20 candidates.

jfc
---