RE: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] PROPOSAL: that an election is called for a new Panel

Jan Siren wrote:

| I posed to Joop the question how he could reconcile the
| polling outcome with
| regard to ICANN's RALOs (which largely supports your views) with his
| self-nomination to the ICANN Nominating Committee.

As long as they do not indicate that they are representing our organization,
I have no problem with members having other affiliations.

| And here I pose to you a parallel question: you have endorsed Joop's
Polling
| Booth as the principal means for the members to express their  preferences
on
| topics of concern to them; will you continue to do so unreservedly if Joop
in
| fact does accede to the Nominating Committee?

I for one endorse Joop's Polling Booth, with the watchdogs Jefsey suggested,
as one of several methods to "express their preferences,"  but not
necessarily the "principle means".  We have this list as well, and a
separate e-mail voting process.  I would consider Joop's Polling Booth, and
the regular polls using it that many are calling for, as a tool for gaguing
membership attitudes on various subjects.  Poll results and e-mail forum
comments could then be used by the Panel to draft policies, which would then
be ratified by the membership via the e-mail voting process.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info