RE: [atlarge-discuss] Jeff was forgotten

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

| 1. Joop manages the site as long as it does it independently
|      with the dedication we know.

I agree.  Except for Joop's early work, this orgainization would not exist.

| 2. he selects (so he may permit small/unpopular groups to be
|      represented, like ICANNers) 5 Polling Trustees (so we may
|      expect 3 will show up).
|
| 3. such Trustees will jointly manage the questions.

Yes.  Outside monitoring is important, to assure the membership that capture
isn't an option.

| 4. in case of dispute arbitration will be provided by the Panel.
|      (I think that our community should be quite free - as the
|      Poll suggests people want - under the umbrella of the
|      Panel "jurisdiction" to address conflicts).

Agreed.  And I expect that such arbitration would be conducted openly on the
Panel list, where everyone who wants to can see it happen.

| 5. he gets a developper writing a metapage running his post
|      cgi from an URL so people can click and vote.

OK.

| 6. He runs a Poll every month. That Poll should include a
|      market research part. This part would be sold to net
|      business to get the @large opinions:

Great fund-raising idea!  But do we take topics from external of our
organization for a fee?  I'd say no.  Otherwise external forces with money
(and we know who they are!) will quickly dominate our process!

|      Idealy we should have two booths. Joop's and another
|      one - to foster competition, to have a back-up and not
|      to be dependent only from one operator.

OK.  Questions are, will Joop help set up the second booth, and who will run
it?

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info