Re: [atlarge-discuss] Jeff was forgotten

On 11:14 09/02/03, Jeff Williams said:
The other less attractive but workable alternative would be
for Joop to turn over the Polling Booth to and independent
party of the MEMBERS choice along with all source code
so a to aid in ensuring that future errors and other manipulations
as have been done using Joops "Polling Booth" are lessened.
You know that my position is pretty simple:

1. Joop manages the site as long as it does it independently
    with the dedication we know.

2. he selects (so he may permit small/unpopular groups to be
    represented, like ICANNers) 5 Polling Trustees (so we may
    expect 3 will show up). He does it freely because he is the
    owner, but he will have to convince us the Trustees are
    independent from who he chose. He proposed me, what I
    think was a fair move.From my past dispite and IDNO
    experience (I declined by lack of time).

3. such Trustees will jointly manage the questions.

4. in case of dispute arbitration will be provided by the Panel.
    (I think that our community should be quite free - as the
    Poll suggests people want - under the umbrella of the
    Panel "jurisdiction" to address conflicts).

5. he gets a developper writing a metapage running his post
    cgi from an URL so people can click and vote.

6. He runs a Poll every month. That Poll should include a
    market research part. This part would be sold to net
    business to get the @large opinions:

    - @large are a knowledgeable panel of the market
    - they can get a lot of feed-backs and ideas
    - we are to weight on network development. I think
      that industry and services are much more important
      than ICANN. To be able to advise and influence them
      would be really great.
    - this would provide a stable funding, related to our needs
      the more we are, the more we are niteresting, the
      higher we can sell he question.

    I note that if Joop wants to have the community support
    he should publish the business results and get rewarded
    enough.

    Idealy we should have two booths. Joop's and another
    one - to foster competition, to have a back-up and not
    to be dependent only from one operator.

    But we should not have more: it would dilute the interest
    and lose the support of the Members.

jfc