Re: [atlarge-discuss] election or disbanding

Bruce and all fellow members,

bruce@barelyadequate.info wrote:

> I though I'd comment on Judyth's post to Jefsey, quoted below.  She is
> correct when she says she didn't look to have the list thrust upon her, and
> I know she has been moving very conservatively to ensure the security of the
> list.

  I am sure that Judyth is trying to ensure the security of the list.  However
as I recall Judyth some time long before she received the members list
was trying hard to secure herself a position as secretary of this organization
Bruce.  Hence I seriously doubt that anything was "Thrust" upon her!

>  None of us should fault her for that.  In fact we should thank her
> for safeguarding our privacy!

  Respectfully I don't think I or any member should thank her for
safeguarding our privacy.  Rather is should be obvious in the extreme
that such safeguarding would be the only responsible thing to do.

>  But we now need to use this list to conduct
> an election and get this organization moving again.  To that end I posted a
> challenge last night to the remaining Panel members to step up and be
> counted.

  Bruce, the Panel is defunct.  There are NO current panel members.

> My sole desire at this point is to see these elections conducted
> quickly, correctly, and with good oversight.

  Understood and this of course must and should be done.  However
the panel before so many left/resinged, refused to get that process off
to a good start, primarily due to Vittorio's malfeasance or irresponsibility.

> I know we have seen several more "defections" lately, as some people have
> given up hope.  I ask everyone to please continue to be patient.  We have
> obviously been the target of disruptive ICANN scheming, which is inevitable:
> we are the last obstical to ICANN having their way with the Internet, so of
> course we have been and will continue to be its target.

  We were always from the beginning a target for some ICANN folks
to conduct political disruptiveness.  Those that did not realize that
quite a while ago now, were either fools or stupid in the extreme.

>  And unfortunately,
> they will often try subversion from within.

  Agreed.  You can count on it, unfortunately!  :(

>  We have to accept that we were
> scammed and move on.  And maybe be a little smarter about who we choose for
> the panel in the future.  We might want to even go so far as to mandate that
> panel members cannot serve in any leadership capacity in any outside
> Internet-related organizations.

  Very much agreed.  And being ignorant is no excuse...