Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Nothing Special :Re: [atlarge-discuss] FYI: [CNET] ICANN under Twomey to continuepolicy focus

Holger and all fellow members,

Holger Steiner wrote:

> Jeff Williams schrieb:
> >
> > Holger and all fellow members,
> >
> > Holger Steiner wrote:

> > > Obviously not long enough for you to pick some things up.
> >
> >   Such as, prey tell?
>
> Not to change the subject of a thread by your whim and not to use the
> name of your discussion partners in the subject.
> Just for example.

  Bad examples Holger.  I changed the subject line as appropriate to
the change or drift of the subject content/matter.  Hence "Whim"
played no part in that change of subject line.

> > > Back to more interesting things: How can I become a member of INEGroup?
> >
> > Is this a request to join?
>
> No, I just want to know what I would have to do.

  Ah, well that is sort of what I suspected...

> >  If so, Why on earth, given your recent
> > remarks in this and other public exchanges with me would you
> > want to?
>
> What does your misunderstanding of economics have to do with my possible
> membership in INEGroup?

  I have no misunderstanding of economics.  Hence I cannot adequately
answer this question in it's present form.

> >  I am sure that you would be welcome, but I had to
> > ask that question!  It would seem that to me, your interest in
> > INEGroup is less that ethical or in the furtherance of the vast
> > majority of our members interests.
>
> I dont know the interests of the members of INEGroup.
> You know them all that close up and personal?

  As a group, yes I do.  Individually I do not of course.

> >  However as is my mandate,
> > I shall forward your question on to the regional director for
> > you area in this response.  Soon after, a questionnaire will be
> > sent to you to fill out.  Than either the area director for your
> > domicile shall contact you regarding that questionnaire or
> > I shall be directed to do so as I am your first contact in that
> > interest in joining.
>
> I would really like to talk to other members of INEGroup. That is not
> directed against you but it is usually useful to talk to other members
> of an organisation to get a broader perspective into the goals.

  Our goals are well known and documented.  Some have been
achieved, others are in progress and moving along nicely.  As their
spokesman, I would be your point of contact for this sort
of information.  We speak with one voice.

> Not all members are one heart and one soul.
> (As can be seen here at atlarge  ;- )  )

  I cannot speak to the "heart and soul" of each of our members.
I can and do speak to the ideals and positions or policies that
we collectively support.  This of course is much different
than what has been displayed thus far in ICANNATLARGE.ORG
with respect to it's members.

> >   In the mean time, can you provide here what your stated intent
> > of your question and/or request in interest in INEGroup?
>
> It is entirely possible that INEGroup and myself would benefit from
> a membership.

  Perhaps so.

> >  In doing
> > so, would you be willing to agree to the rules, and policies of
> > INEGroup and sign a affidavit to that effect?
>
> If I am a voluntary member of an organisation, my agreement to the
> rules would implicitly be assured.

  Not so.