[atlarge-discuss] Election Management

Dear Bruce,
we now have the list, the ftp access and the domainname control. We being you, Eric, Jan, Judyth and me. I suggest that we forget about all the past and actually try to get those elections rolling. You took the lead and I support that. I responded my positions and I think we are in argeement. Abel proposed to develop whatever is needed and you proposed Joop to pass his questions and to DPF to edit them.

What next? I must say I am overwhlemed and have not much time left for this. What I can do without problem is:

1. to take the list of the Members in a radom order.

2. allocate them a nr and compute a checking key using their mailname and a secret key

3. copy the list with watchdogs

4. send each of the members a priavte ballot with their nr/checker to respond to a mailbox
- acknowldeging the ballot
- copying to as many watchdogs as one want
each member can claim his ballot if not received.

5. each ballot would have each choices as :

@voter_nr.md5based checker#question_nr: [ ] question : response A
example for Member 0021 with checking key xh7j.
"@0021xh7j#01: [ ] Panel: Paul McGregor
@0021xh7j#02: [ ] Panel: Gérard Dupont ..."

This way we only have to take all the received ballots mailbox and make a grep of the lines with an uinitial "@" to have all the responses. This may be done by the different whatchogs who can compare the files.

This way a grep on the question "#nr" gives the result of each question.

6. the file may be put in line, so everyone can check his @nr are there and check the results.
The watchdoc may veryfy the claims in checking the list names vs the voters nr.

jfc