Re: [atlarge-discuss] Election Management

Abel, Stephen,
On 15:32 08/04/03, Stephen Waters said:
On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 04:10, J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
Just clarify, do you mean:

1) @ xxxx yyyy
Where: xxxx = a unique, randomly assigned number
       yyyy = obfuscated mail digits
yes.
@xxxxyyyy#nn [ ] blabla....

Or:
2) @ zzzz
Where: zzzz = obfuscated mail digits

Sorry if this seems redundant, but I want to make sure I understand you.
[1] is acceptable to me, [2] is not.
Obviouly.

The point is that a grep of the mailbox on "^@" gives the anonymous votes file.
Then the vote is in position 15 or 16, so very unlikly to be folded.
It is obvious to remove spaces and to add xxxxnn00000 in 15th position.
where 00000 is incremented.
Then to sort by 15th position and to remove the duplicated votes.
The to check the xxxxyyyy to make sure there is no intruders.
then you sort by the 11th and you get the results.
Can be done by anyone with any tool.

Also, if we want to get a clear ballot, we need something not too heavily loaded with numbers.

Ex.
Beware: please do not change the "@--#--" sequence, you would waste you vote.

Please indicate who you vote for:
@0123jklz#12 [ ] Doug Engelbart
@0123jklz#13 [ ] Bill Gates
@0123jklz#14 [ ] Jeff Williams
@0123jklz#15 [ ] Jon Postel

Do you agree for them to be given two cents
@0123jklz#16 [ ] Yes
@0123jklz#17 [ ] No

Abel, Stephen and others, is there a flaw?
I propose to test the sending of the mail in sending a personal
letter to all the member to infrom them of the election. This would
be a real life test of the mail generation. jfc