[atlarge-discuss] KeepandBearArms.com gets encryption religion, touts PGP

All fellow members,

  For consideration and in consideration of the recent debate and
discussion regarding a safe voting app for this fledgling organization

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=2749

                    Encryption and the Right to Freedom
                              by Phil Wells
                             April 11, 2003

    KeepAndBearArms.com -- As this article is being
    written, more and more people are becoming aware of the intricate
    surveillance capabilities possessed and used by government agencies
    and the private sector to monitor the daily communication of
    law-abiding American Citizens. Whether it be the ease of wiretapping
    and email capture that was granted under the 'Patriot Act' or the
    data collection brought about by the Carnivore program, few people
    can argue the link between personal privacy and personal freedom.

    While at first glance, it may appear that those who wish to deprive
    you and I of the dignity and liberty that is associated with being
    "secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against
    unreasonable searches and seizures" have an unbeatable hand, there
    is no need to worry, as we as citizens still have the right to
    exercise our 4th Amendment rights legally and for free... through
    the use of encryption.