RE: [atlarge-discuss] F/U from Canadian @large regional rep ICANN@large fantasy continues ....

Joe Baptista wrote:

|  The icann@large community of users should simply take my lead and support
|  the inclusive namespace.  It's the place to be ;)  And as I have
|  repeatedly pointed out - the end user is in charge which
|  essentially means you - the user and every user.

I agree.  Part of the reason that ICANN is so slow to respond to the
incredible world-wide demand for new top-level domains is in order to keep
the supply of same low, and therefore their value high, so their industry
friends can continue to overcharge for them! Alternative roots such as
New.Net (http://www.new.net), AlterNic (http://www.alternic.org/), etc. came
about in an attempt to fill the vacuume ICANN Is artificially maintaining,
in order to satify consumer demand.

|  Maybe a petition should be considered in support of the inclusive
|  namespace community - which see www.tlda.net and members of the
|  alternative root community - which see
|
|      http://www.dot-god.com/resources/ROOT.html
|
|  After all these are the only people who are expanding namespace and
|  working co-operatively.  And the only people who will give the atlarge a
|  seat at the table as an equal member.

Excellent idea!  Fellow net rebels joining together!  I like it!

BTW, Joe's Resources page (link repeated above) is an excellent list of
these alternative roots!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info