RE: [atlarge-discuss] Impersonal processes Re: [Fwd: [atlarge-discuss] WHAT MOSTMEMBERS WANT]

Richard Henderson wrote:

|  In order for that to happen, there has to be definition of the
|  specific work
|  we want achieved - and I really believe that definition can only
|  be arrived
|  at by the sanction (and participation) of the broad membership.

I totally agree.  That was the my motivation to request questions from the
mem,bership that we can include on the ballot.  That way we not only get a
new panel, but we also get an idea of the will of the membership that they
can use to focus their actions.

|  So I advocate: elections (with a built in accountability to the
|  membership) --- polling to define needs and objectives --- then
|  the priority
|  of carrying out those objectives, preferably tied down to agreed time
|  limits.

I agree.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA