[atlarge-discuss] Nominees list

881 members (a clean list of those who wish to receive announcements) , including Jefsey, Bruce and Eric were informed of the pre-nomination process that I facilitated in the Polling Booth.

Anyone who got the reminder message with the latest password can check in the Booth for the results.

As I promised, I spent a great deal of time to bring the nomination process outside of this mailing list and this was necessary in order that we do not end up with a few default candidates and no real election.

I announced this process on 24 April, well within the Nomination period and gave the members time until May 4 allowing for one necessary reminder message that brought in the 46 participants.
This is a far higher participation rate than we have achieved here and it would be unwise to ignore it.

The list (and the voting result) has been open during all this time and accessible to all who cared to look at it.
The only problem with this list is that it is preliminary and that the nominators are anonymous members.

Therefore , I am willing to act as Nominator of all members who got 2 or more ticks and were not yet officially nominated otherwise.
I am asking another member to as seconder of all the names he/she finds acceptable.

Alex Cohen
André Rebentisch
Andreas Kreuzinger
Andy Müller-Maguhn
Arnd Franke
Arnold Gehring
Bret Fausett
Bruce Wilkinson
Catherine Hughes
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
Christiane Jung
Daniel Tobias
Daniel Young
David Goldstein
Elena Grassi
Gabrielle Taylor
Han wool Kim
Hans Klein
Hermann Seib
Hsiao-ping Chang
Ivonne Valeria Muñoz Torres
James Graham
James Voorhees
Johannes Grill
Jonathan Robin
Kaihsu Tai
Karl Auerbach
Karl-Josef Ziegler
Kristen Doyle
Lakshmanan Balasubramanian
Lynn bernstein
Marianne Cooley
Martin Fischer
Masafumi Tatara
Merle Swain
Michael Geist
Pat Crawford
Ray Fassett
Stephen Edgar
TODD GLASSEY
Tuyet A. Tran
William Jones

A meaningful election can only happen when we have considerably more candidates than seats.

Ignoring the member's wishes and persist with an election for an 11 member Panel that has already been shown a failure was unwise.

There is still a chance to correct it and elect a 5 member Panel.

Bruce, Jefsey and Eric *have* to consider the number of acceptances before finally launching the election.

When that decision is made, acceptances will come more easily too.

-joop-