[atlarge-discuss] responses of the nominees

This message was sent from a wrong mailbox. I send it again. Apologies. (04:00 in here).

Dear Bruce and Joop,
here are the responses received so far, if you wish to publish them on the site. I This is limited by the size of what Eudora can accept. But the responses are on excel. Please let me know what you need for your publications.
jfc

Asaad Alnajjar
It is my honor to accept the nomination and I hope that I would be upto your expectations. Introduction page will be at http://www.any-dns.com/najjar.htm within the next 48 hours. Best wishes & regards,

Thierry Amoussougbo
It is a pleasure for me to contribute to the WSI.. I agree.

Hugh Blair
I accept nomination for the election of the Panel for icannatlarge.org. I'd be please to work toward moving this organization forward.

James Khan
I accept the nominations for the election to the Panel of "icannatlarge.org", and will server the position of that office with dedication and loyalty if elected by mandate of the IcannatLarge Community.

Pierre Ouedraogo
Dear @large Polling Committee Members, Please note that I accept the nomination for the the election of the panel. / It will be a great pleasure and an excitant challenge to contribute building up the @large community at this level. I will prodide tomorrow the URL of the web page. Thanks to you for the trust. Best regards

Jonathan Robin
Folks, I was surprised by the nomination and am uncertain whether I possess the requisite qualities, and the deadline for acceptance leaves little time to create the necessary links. / At present Candidate for the Board of Trustees of the Internet Society a General Statement and Biography are online http://www.isoc.org/members/vote/2003election/profiles/index.shtml / I attended the ICANN meeting in Amsterdam and for the second year running am putting together the European Domain Name Summit to be held in Paris on July 3rd. The program for this will be online around May 15th. For last year http://www.eurocio.org/domainname/archives/2002/eng/ / My longstanding personal commitment to a more transparent Internet environment is unquestionable, my ability to organize the at large community in such a way as it succeeds in its long term objectives, alas, I cannot guarantee .... but neither, quite frankly, can any of us on this list. / Perhaps this candidacy can be termed an act of faith in the future of democrat

Sotiris Sotiropoulos
I accept my nomination. I think it's time somebody set an example around here.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch
I'm still considering if I intend to get heavily involved again in such issues. I'm extremely busy at the moment after a fire at my workplace. I will formally respond to this mid week after I've had some time to consider the implications. I'm currently working 70-100 hour weeks and this may continue for another fortnight. I'm reluctant to commit for further time encroachments at the moment and if I do respond postively it would mean a large time/energy commitment. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Abel Wisman
Upon my return from a short brake I received this, and seemingly the response date has already closed. My break was able due to the (UK) Bank-holiday weekend, hence I left Friday and returned today. - Before I make any decision I would like to know whether my nomination was seconded, if not pls accept my decline of this nomination, if however seconded I would like to consider the nomination in the next 24 hours. - Awaiting your response - Kind regards

Amadeu Abril i Abril
Thanks to those who nominated me, but I have to decline. First of all, I am still setaing in the Board, and I don't find that I should have any other ICANN-related job until such time as I wuit the Board of Directors. / Secondly, I do confess that I don't have many clear ideas about how to organize the at large process. To be frank, I prefer participating and heloping what others wil try than putting myself in an organizng role: I should better leavbe the leadership to those not only having the energy and the willingess, but also the ideas. / Thanks again.

Joe Baptista
Dear @Large Members of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. / It has come to my attention that I have been nominated to the panel of the ICANN at large soap opera. I must respectfully decline and have provided my reasons in detail. / As many of you know I have been involved in ICANN - namely as a member of the General Assembly of the Domain Name Supporting Organization, a unit of the ICANN monster. And from the begining I have made it very clear what my position was with respect to ICANN. I predicted the Clintons administrations failure to take control of the internet and so my predictions have come to pass. I think my nomination and decline is indicative of this. / First their are some personal reasons why I don't want any association with the panel. I direct the memberships attention to the following URL of interest: / http://www.icannatlarge.com/voting.html / Many good people have been nominated. Unfortunately the nominations are scattered with such notable personalities as este

Domingo Barón
Dear friends, My sincere apologies for my late response to your message, due in no small measure to current rather heavy demands on my discretionary time. For this reason above all, I must decline your kind nomination. But you may rest assured that I shall be following with interest the results of the forthcoming election and look forward to being able to participate in our public forums again soon. With my best wishes,

Marilyn Cade
Dear atlarge@execlub.org, I must decline the nomination with appreciation for consideration. Best regards,

Esther Dyson
Thank you very much for this nomination. However, I respectfully decline it. For one, I think my mere presence provokes controversy in your community, and it would be better for me to stay away. Second, my involvement with the ALAC creates a conflict of time and interest. I wish you luck regardless, and I sincerely hope you can pull together an organization that will be able to provide useful representation of its members and input to ICANN.

Raul Echeberria
Dear all: Sorry for not have sent my answer before Sunday. I was on vacations. By the way, the nominated should have more time to send their acceptance. In any case, I respectfully decline my nomination. I'm serving as a CEO of LACNIC and it could mean some conflict of interest. Thank you for the nomination.

David Farrar
Thank you but I decline

Leah Gallegos
I wish to thank you for nominating me to the panel of Icannatlarge.org. Unfortunately, I must decline as I cannot devote the time and effort necessary to perform well for the organization. / Again, please accept my thanks for the confidence that nomination suggests. Sincerely,

Michael Geist
Thank you for the nomination. I respectfully decline. Good luck.

Richard Henderson
I am grateful for being nominated, but regret to say that I am not offering myself as a candidate at the present time. I did indicate several months ago that I would not be standing for re-election. I remain fully behind the ideals and aspirations of this organisation and I hope I can continue to contribute to its goals. The need for true representation of internet users in the administration of the DNS is essential to safeguard 'our' internet (in its multiplicity of forms) from capture by commercial, political and military entities.

Norbert Klein
Dear Friends, sorry for the late response - still just in time before Sunday midnight GMT. I can also only respond by e-mail. I cannot give you a web site/URL as requested at the end of this mail: I do not have a personal one. / As I had indicated, I lost confidence in the efforts related to atlarge.com and atlarge.org - as they seemed to me too much developed into an exercise of base democracy and not in an exercise of how to organize a - at present disenfranchized - at-large membership trying to still make an impact on ICANN. - Any panel which will have to work - constantly watching that the opinions of the at-large membership is regularly polled, while ICANN and its different constituencies are actively moving - is in a situation which I see paralyzed. I have seen enough criticism on he discussion lists against "dictatorial behavior" of panel members - when I thought that they tried to act as needed - as long as they acted, before they sank into oblivion out of frustration. / You may remember that I tried

Wolfgang Kleinwaechter
Dear friends, / as a member of the first panel I proposed already during the second round of electionss to bring fresh ideas and people to this group. So I do it also in the 3rd round. With regret, I must therefore decline the nomination. I'm nonetheless grateful to have been considered again. / Best wishes

Joanna Lane
Thanks for thinking of me for the At Large Panel, but I regret I must decline. / You are using the ICANN trademark without the proper authorization from ICANN and as such, this raises ongoing personal liability issues for Panel members that does not serve the At Large interest well. / Like Joe, I wish you had consulted me first about this matter to save this embarrassment

James Love
thank you very much but i decline.

Judyth Mermelstein
With all due respect, I must decline this nomination for several reasons: / 1 - I have said (more than once) that I have no desire to be part of the "power structure" of this group. / 2 - I have offered (more than once) to do whatever I could as an ordinary volunteer but found that such work as I did do was mostly wasted effort on my part. / 3 - Having reached the point where I think my energies could be better employed elsewhere, I have resigned as a member of this group and am therefore ineligible to be a candidate for its Panel. / 4 - Besides, given the attitude towards me demonstrated by several of the other candidates, I can only assume my nomination was the work of some "traitor to the cause" .. of keeping this group from getting any real work done on behalf of anyone but those present. / It is my hope that my absence from the Panel will enable it to work together as a unit and ensure that this group becomes a real organization which can pursue whatever goals its members think appropriate. If for som

Pierre Mounier
Dear members of polling committee. Thank you for your proposal but I don't want to participate to this election. I have absolutely no time to get actively involved in icannatlarge.com activities (I hardly found some to answer to this message !) and I don't want to make promises I won't be able to fulfill. Sincerely yours,

Elisabeth Porteneuve
Dear Colleagues, The nominations honors me, but unfortunately I cannot accept it, my current commitments and work take all time I have. / The perspective of individuals is essential in Internet governance, it makes a difference. I would like to see surveys prepared by individuals, and organized records of facts and issues made by individuals. There are many subjects, including status of domain name and why you choose to register names with that TLD, that registrar, that country and legislation, that currency. / Bonne chance for AtLarge election,

Thomas Roessler
I'm sorry, but I have to decline -- I'm already committing a *lot* of time and resources to the ALAC side of at-alarge things, so I probably just woudln't able to contribute the necessary commitment. Good luck.

Walter Schmidt
A man is known by the books he reads, by the company he keeps, by the praise he gives...by his tastes, by his distastes, by the stories he tells, by the look of his house...for nothing on earth is solitary but every thing hath affinities infinite. - Ralph Waldo Emerson / It would be with great satisfaction, and not just a little humility, if I could play even the smallest of roles in ensuring the Internet rights of all, were being represented. / There are those amongst us, who in my opinion, could do as good a job as any in such a pursuit, and with whom I would gladly work. / Unfortunately, we have allowed, and continue to allow, this group to take a few too many wrong turns. / And, notwithstanding the guidance given us in 2 Corinthians 11:19, I do not suffer fools gladly. / Therefore, while I will continue to do what I can regarding the Internet rights of us all - at this time, I must respectfully decline the nomination for election to the Panel of "icannatlarge.org." / Further as to why... / To be aff

Marc Schneiders
I have already declined a few days back. I haven't changed my mind

Greg Shaw
Hi guys / Whilst I am honoured to have been nominated for the Panel position,
circumstances do not allow me to accept the nomination at this time. / Keep up the good work.

Jan Siren
It is with the sincerest regret that I must decline nomination to the icannatlarge Interim Panel.

Dany Vandromme
Dear all / I am glad to be nominated (with support) for the ICANN@LARGE panel election. and I want to thank the individuals who put my name on that front. However, my current duties for the French national research and education network, together with the commitments to the Pan-European GEANT network will not allow me to free enough time to make a decent panelist work for the @large community. I decline the nomination / Yours sincerely

Jon Weinberg
Wth regret, I must decline the nomination. I'm nonetheless grateful to have been considered.