Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel Committee: election organization

At 02:02 p.m. 7/05/2003, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:
This message was sent from a wrong mailbox. I send it again. Apologies.

Dear Polling Committee Members,
I come back to my office. I see you both posted in the meanwhile but not responded the vote I called on the current organization of this election. I therefore understand you stand by your previous positions, supporting the general lines I outlined.

We will therefore proceed in that spirit.

Nominations until May 8 00: GMT
1. we will accept the nominations by icannatalarge;com and to be fully open to everyone we will accept nominations on this list until Thursday May 8 00:00 GMT in conditions we voted (nominated twice or nominated and seconded). Candidates and already polled nominees will be informed today.

Every nominee has been endorsed
2. as I earlier did with other nominations the PC received privately or on the list from Joop, I second every nomination from icannatlarge.com nominated by Joop. The list is attached. They will receive their announcement mail to day.

Acceptation until May 15:00 GMT
3. accepted nominees will be able to accept their nomination until Thursday May 15 00.00. The same applies for the propositions of questions on the ballot.

So far, so good.
I appreciate your public communication with your fellow ad-hoc "PC" members.

What is missing is the shape and mandate that will be sent to all Nominees, so that they know *what* they are accepting.

Vote Starts on May 17 00:00 and will last 10 days
No.
Not enough time between the acceptance and the start of the voting. The Candidates need time to introduce themselves to the voters and answer some questions that the voters may have.
The candidates and the voters need time for that. Both here on this list and via the webForum. Give them 10 days to ask questions or campaign.

Without such a period, we are creating bad precedent and, especially with "new blood" many voters will not vote because they do not know enough about the candidates.

There is no need for hurrying what must be done thoroughly and be a model of best-practice.

-joop-