Re: [atlarge-discuss] New election proposal? [was: Is this list still in operation?]

At 02:41 p.m. 7/05/2003, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:

More importantly, have you cancelled the election of an 11 member Panel and are we now electing candidates for a 5 member Panel?
No power to propose this. I do not think it advisable as we will have probably more than 15 candidates. Such a decision belong to the Panel. I just try to help and go.

Can we hear what mandate you propose for this Panel?
As a Polling Committee Member I have no proposition. I must stay neutral.
Up to you if you chose to be a candidate.
11 Different conceptions of Panel mandate is a recipe for conflict and paralysis. That is not what you want, is it?
It is much better to outline a minimal, but essential mandate and then the Panel members can go to the voters of they want more. This *is* neutral.

-joop-