[atlarge-discuss] Real world nominations

Dear Folks,
I start being really fed-up by the bickering of some on this list. As you know I came in here to find information on the governance. I found great peoples so I started being interested.

But I also found - as usual, a few dumb people who believe themselves more clever than others. No one is perfect, but I must say that these three or four made/make more harm to the at-large than the whole ICANN. If they want me to name them I can do it right now, but I am sure everyone knows who I mean. They believe that sending nastymails make them popular, IMHO it makes them judged, and kill our crediblity. So not to judged them I went away after having tried to help.

I saw that there was an ultimate chance and I came back. I even registered. I will now bring my own block to the building of this community:

- I nominate specially Mr. Abel Towers. At the GA and on this list, as well as through some professionnal links I learned about him as a true hope for practical at-large development.

- I nominate again Mr. Hugh Blair. So Mr. Sotisopoulos will stop fighting him. I do not support some of Mr. Blair positions at the GA, but he participates with what is often after all my opinion.

- I wish to nominate Carina Ren as our Member in Beijin.

- Jefsey proposed yesterday a list of nominees. I shared in most of that list. I did it for a friend from a country where you can go to jail for doing that (if you are ignorant enough about that, too bad for you). The idea is the following: we need new blood in this community. Real blood from the real world, aside of the IDNO croonies. So we went into the list and tried to figure out who from the various parts of the world could help this list getting real. Thinking about the users and their needs and forgetting ICANN. This list is not perfect, sometimes random, but we tried our best to make it significant. The nomminees will decide if they want to be a candidate. Their communities desserve being nominated. Therefore I nominate them ALL in the open and I do hope someone else or Jefsey will second them ALL as he did for Joop's ones. I hope everyone accepts that these people from the real second, third or in one case forth world are worth the same as those from the icannatalrge.com Forum. Does someone want to challenge that?

We need here people who speak another language than Bush English. BTW I learned on a boycottfrench list that there are French TMs to boycot by the name of "Black", "Bush", "UniversalStudio" :-) We need to have - like at the WSIS or at the ITU - mailing lists in Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, etc. and French too. We will not leave the collaborationists of ALAC the monopoly of the local interests, just because a few of us want the glory to enter the ICANN structure. There is a WSIS meeting on the 12th in Paris where ISOC will present ICANN, users etc. We must be able to document that election as a multilateral ALTERNATIVE to the ICANN unilateralism.

Sorry for that, I will not speak again. But I will watch and report (my job).
CT
Claude Thielet

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)"