[atlarge-discuss] Educating the emperor

Walter quoted:

"MANY, many years ago lived an emperor...his only ambition was to be always
well dressed.
---------- Snip The Emperor's New Clothes ----
And the(y) walked with still greater dignity, as if they carried the train
WHICH DID NOT EXIST..."

Well, yeah, Walter, sure, but.

I suspect Kurt Godel would not be dismayed (at least in theory) by our situation. There may in fact not BE a model for what we are attempting.

We want to have to an 'orderly democratic process', (as if there EVER WAS such a thing). If it is necessary to tread water on our way to this solid place, why don't we have a little faith that we WILL get there and that our bootstraps will support us.

Twenty years from now, in our rocking chairs, we can look back on this exciting period of Chaos. Ah, those were the golden days, we'll say, it didn't matter that there were trolls under that bridge. We walked on the water and here we are.

Doesn't this FEEL like a self organizing system? Isn't that good? What do we EXPECT from the Internet?

If we get a panel with some enantiomorphs on it, well, let's call it diversity and forge narph. I think it will right itself just enough to do what we want it to do. This movement has to come up seething from the users or it will be just another grassroots org controlled by its own hired administrators. We can avoid that fate.

Does someone here know how many upstarting efforts there are at Internet Self Governance? I mean ones that don't have our privileged ICANN ancestry. :)

This has been my first post to this list. Daunting it is; so much anger there, as if we didn't have enough troubles already. Lighten up, folks.
Martha Gottlieb