RE: [atlarge-discuss] Report01

Joey,

Pls in between the lines my reply:

<cut>
> The other report column heading is entitled "Photo ID
> Provided." There
> again the photo is embedded, even more reliably, in a document.

I will gladly provide the now "known" verification comm with a scan of
my (current) passport, providing this remains confidential, I do not
wish to be publised anywhere for security reasons.
Please allow me 24 hours to have it scanned.

> The verification & certification committee is now at three members:
>
> Joey Borda/Bordo - starwalker@gay.com
> Martha Gottlieb - megom@gwi.net
> Jeff Holt - jefftttt@txucom.net
>
> We have satisfied each other that we are who we say we are,
> with driver
> license scans, and we can now certify ourselves to you and
> the rest of the
> @large members.

Your (non contested) statement suffices for me, I do not need to see
those papers, if it is sufficient to each of you, I would not need more.

> >Several people on this list have spoken to me[.]
>
> Providing these people's names to us and a way to contact
> them to confirm
> your assertion would be evidentiary.

Joop Teenstra, Thomas Roessler, and all other members of the whois TF
but undoubtedly Glen at ICANN or Marilyn Cade can also do, if you
require their phonenumbers it is my suggestion you email them on public
email addresses, I can not supply you with their phonenumbers on this
list, nor in private without their express permission as you no doubt
understand.

> >though you see no reason for that last part, if you check on
> >www.able-towers.com you will see a certificate on which you
> can rely to
> >make sure that the company running that site is legit.

> Can you more clearly put out the location of the certificate?
> I was unable
> to locate it, or else not understand what I was looking for or at.

Yes it is on the center of the frontpage, "Geotrust True Site" just
click on there for more info.

> >Though the phonenumber is outdated ( yes I know I will have to update
> >that) the remainder is correct, and to give "proof" of the
> fact that it
> >is me (which in the end is what we wanted) I have posted a
> >"companieshouse" certificate with more details on me at
> >http://www.able-towers.com/verification/04337286_REPA.htm
> >
> >I have blanked out the secretary's data.
>
> In combination with the paragraph above I am pleased to find that the
> information tracks.
>
> I will say however that while I have volunteered for and have
> a strong
> feeling for this task I doubt our ordinary members are going
> to engage in
> such a largely barrister/lawyer task I have just put myself
> through to
> reach this conclusion.

Short of publishing my birth-certificate along with my passport and a
written affidavit of a by the users trusted lawyer not related to me, a
copy of any ID such as passport or Drivers License can be (certainly
once scanned) be easily forged, so that is no real "proof". The site
cerificate along with the companies house declaration means that others
have already done that search for you and found that I am real and the
commpany legit.

> I do not think you do your candidacy favor by expecting that of our
> membership.Nor likely will a member telephone you. But I just
> might. Though
> again this would be an extraordinary expectation in the
> current life of our
> organization.

Not that extraordinary, just a phonecall away :P

My candidacy and willingness to proof I am real know borders, I have no
wish for others to copy my personal data from a drivers license or
passport to use and abuse at will, I am sure users will respect that.

> I have answered you in this forum rather than privately as I
> would have
> preferred as you have raised the matter here.
>
> Finally, all that you have brought to our attention will be
> entered as
> links in the next report and considered by the committee in
> it's final
> deliberations and certification rating conclusions.

I believe in openess of the procedure, and since there is nothing to
hide and only to establish I am glad that you choose to answer likewise.

Thank you for the time invested

Abel