Re: [atlarge-discuss] méthodes de travail normales

----- Original Message -----
From: Gilbert Estillore Lumantao <gilbert.lumantao@lycos.com>

> i am sorry i voted also for people who, after a few posts, i realized are
incapable of working with you. or better yet, >incapable of working in an
@large deserving of its name and purpose.

> gilbert

Dear Gilbert

You are very welcome and I thank you for your participation. However, I
remain concerned about the way this election was run : for you to say that
you already regret voting for some of the candidates, demonstrates that not
enough information was made available about each candidate, or that people
were voting without the benefit of reading the group mailing list for long
enough to discover what people were like. In any case, if we "vote blind"
and then regret it (as you have admitted to doing) then that is not really
informed democracy at all. It is pushing through an election for the sake of
an election, regardless of the process, the feedback, the time for
reflection, the debate... I admire Jefsey's tenacity, because I completely
understand his determination not to let this organisation go under (without
a fight)... however, I really hope that - miraculously - we finally find a
team which can work together and get a clear and defined grasp of what the
membership wants to achieve... the previous panel of which I was a part
failed to achieve this... the fact that you already regret some of the
people you've voted for, supports Walter's concerns that the election
process itself was unsatisfactory. There are some really good candidates but
I remain concerned about the outcome.

Best wishes anyway!

Richard