RE: [atlarge-discuss] Is This The Party To Whom I Am Speaking...

Joop Teernstra wrote:

| I "failed" to organize the election, because I was not given
| the latest
| voters list and I did not want to claim the "authority" that
| Jefsey and Bruce claim.

This implies that we somehow are claiming something inappropriately.  In
fact, we were elected by the membership. To be exact, we were the only ones
elected by the membership who didn't reneg on our responsibility to carry
out the mandate of the membership.

| Also, my only chance to run for office and organize better elections
| is  NOT to organize the election in which I am candidate myself.

Agreed.  That would be a conflict of interest.

| If Jefsey would have heeded the April members' poll and gone
| for a 5 person
| bootstrap panel with a limited mandate  I would have
| supported it more
| enthousiastically.

Your poll, while instructional, was not an official mandate of the
membership.  Only a vote where every member is contacted and given a chance
to respond can overtun existing organization policy, which currently calls
for an 11-person panel.

I agree that 11 persons is probably too large to work harmoniously,
particularly when trying to coordinate things via e-mail.  But I and my
fellow remaining Panel members were not willing to abrogate the previous
mandate of the membership based solely on an unofficial poll, conducted
outside the established structure of this organization, and participated in
by less than 10% of our registered members.

| But I am still willing to make the best of a bad situation.
| I still believe Jefsey is doing his best.

Jefsey isn't in this alone.  I have been assisting, and have been receiving
all the same message traffic he does.  We also have a group of volunteer
watchdogs who are also reviewing all message traffic.  If I had seen any
discrepancies I'd be shouting about them, but I haven't.  Neither apparently
have the watchdogs.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info