Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws Discussion [:alternative method:]

Yes Mauro

I agree with you that it is pretty impractical to try to negotiate bylaws,
word by word, and phrase by phrase, on this discuss mailing list. Bylaws are
best generated in smaller groups, and then put to the membership.

However, I suggest that it should *not* only be the panel's draft bylaws
which are presented to the membership for voting on. I suggest that other
versions should be offered as well, so that members can make an informed
choice between the various bylaws.

For example, my proposed bylaws would be radically different to Danny's, in
that they would insist that final power and authority resides with the
membership through a Polling mechanism, giving the Membership the power to
define, to set objectives and to veto/block panel actions.

Only by offering members a range of bylaw drafts can they realistically make
choices.

Therefore, I would like to suggest that members who favour my poll-centred
proposals may like to participate online, to further fine-tune these bylaws,
for presentation for a vote in the near future.

I will stick them up online, article by article, so that this approach can
be developed transparently. I'll post an URL soon. People who agree with the
fundamental premiss are welcome to contact me and participate.

Richard H