Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws Discussion [:alternative method:]

Mauro and all fellow members,

  Your suggestion below is of course a pretty good one.  The
problem is that there is no legitimate panel, no member approved
voting method, and it would seem also that any Bylaws approval by the
members, would require a "Line Item" vote or "Provision Item" vote
in order to be effective.

  None of this however precludes the ongoing development of
a set of bylaws tailored for this fledgling organization.  I would
also strongly recommend that a Charter be developed first as the
bylaws will need to follow as closely as possible the Charter
encapsulating what this fledgling organization is all about.  Otherwise
we will be bogged down in continual debate and further disgruntlement
over bylaws specific provisions or sections.

A/S Mauro D. Ríos wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> It is important the contribution that is making to the project of statutes,
> but I wonder and I consult them some things:
>
> Do they find that discussing 1000 people a time in the list the writing of
> the statutes will be effective?
>
> I propose that the elect Panel and (I suggest) the commission for the
> writing of the statutes, elaborate a draft of statutes and later put to
> voting of all the members.
>
> The observations will be picked up of all us (the mass of members), they
> edit the observed parts of the draft again and again puts on to
> consideration of the members.
>
> It will be more executive and it will generate an easier pursuit of the
> discussion and analysis of the text. At this time it is easy for that there
> is little participation in the list, but if only 100 members sink to the
> discussion, it will become impossible to follow the rhythm.
>
> It is only a suggestion, but like I have participated many times of the
> on-line elaboration of documents, bids, statutes, projects, etc., the
> experience forces me to suggest this alternative.
>
> It can seem a very similar method, but it avoids to discuss each term, each
> word, each sense of a sentence, it allows people that are elaborating the
> document, to take their time to think and to meditate very well each
> article.
>
> Otherwise the texts go arising to the force and edited quickly, corrected
> more quickly, put in the list and again they generate observations, etc.
> Many times more than a person it publishes a correction for the same
> article. It is easier to coordinate the writing in a smaller group that in
> the great mass of members. Once the complete draft is (the one that is in
> discussion is very brief, it is necessary to add many chapters and
> articles), the mass of members is the sovereign power to decide and to make
> the observations that it estimates necessary.
>
> greetings,
> Mauro. -
>
> ---

    Pierre Abelard