RE: [atlarge-discuss] Revolving-door Ethics Ordinance

James Khan wrote:

| To place this type of moratorium on future elections is crucial to the
| process of development. The measure would provide a 'vent'
| for a venue of
| ideas to progress. Without this I fear that many good ideas will be
| Submarined.

I agree.  Term limits are a well-established practive, at least in this
country.  New blood, regularly injected by upholding term limits, will help
the organizatio evolve.
| I tend to feel that two years (2 yrs.) maybe better, because
| there is no way
| to follow-up on abuse which is orchestrated through a group's legacy.

By then further restricting their activities an additional two years we give
others a chance to step up.

That's cool.  But definately not less than one year, for the reasons I
stated earlier!

| If the People endorse a Candidate for two consecutive terms,
| the two-term
| limit is fine.
| It is the 'Post term Activity which requires a 'Cooling-Off'
| period which
| prohibits the Service as an ex-officio.

Cool.  Then I'm 100% behind this.

Bruce Young