RE: [atlarge-discuss] Too Many Other Things...

> Walter Schmidt wrote:
> |  - Of 27 candidates, only 7 have made minimal contributions

> From: bruce@barelyadequate.info
> And this is Jefsey's fault why?  Take it up with our candidates!

Bruce,
The rest of your post I can possibly live with except for this. If this
organization is to be effective, it is crucial that those running it have a
thorough knowledge and understanding of the issues and historical events
that have brought it to this point. In the current climate, it's all too
easy to capture.

> |  - While, only two candidates have any real experience
>
> Since our focus is Internet users, I expect all of them have experience
> being that!  Considering how poorly (or even subversively!) some of the
> "experienced" persons have performed in this organization, I
> can't imagine a
> new person doing much worse!

With respect, you are wrong. That does not mean to say that a "newbie" could
not do a terrific job, but equally they may not. One cannot assume good
manners equates with competence and competence is what we are looking for. I
am not defending Sotiris, but tone and manners aside, I am reading that he
is frustrated about the good standing of this organization having been
diminished in the eyes of the community by those who have run this election,
not least beacuse it has been thrown toegther in a hasty manner, with no
reference to due process. I take the point, don't you?

Regards,
Joanna