Re: [atlarge-discuss] The Rights and Responsibilities of Voting...

Bruce, I'm sorry, but this is a misrepresentation of my views. I do not
object to new people being nominated for this panel. My position all along
has been that I want the Membership to decide the whole direction of this
organisation, and that includes who should be panel members.

For that very reason, given the difficulties which have beset this election,
I favour the Membership being given the right to further define what they
want to do with these election results, reviewing the process that has taken
place, seeing how it could be improved for next time, reviewing the
appropriate term of office for the new panel, and defining the mission,
tasks, mandate and objectives for the new panel, just so there is no doubt
about what the Membership wants.

Now you may not agree with that approach, but I hope you will accept that my
sole interest is that the real wishes of the Membership are given voice,
upheld, and enforced.

I don't think that is undemocratic.

Kind regards,

Richard H