Re: [atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

Abel Wisman wrote:

And by doing so allowed every reader of this list to see his address.

His address is public information.  It's in the WHOIS.

Nonetheless I repeat two things:

Paypal is not a valid verification system, I can enter multiple
addresses using multiple credit cards of which none have to be in my
name, meaning I can use a paypal account under several names using
different cards.

Yes, you might be able to do that but that would 1)take at least 1 month to have each of the accounts verified by the owners of the cards 2) be a pain in the ass to keep track of so you wouldn't be able to snap back the rejoinders so quick 3) sooner or later you'd make a mistake and be caught and 3) I do not believe you would stoop to it. Believe it or not, I actually voted for you...

The various ways used by the verification committee were at least more
satisfactoryas that they ascertained on a per case base all the evidence
given, including phonecalls, to ascertain the identification of any
individual.

The various ways they used are much easier subvert than Paypal. I could have you call me at three different telephone numbers, and even have three different people answer the phone all swearing they were somebody they aren't. As for photos and photocopies... well, I don't think I even need to comment on those.

Finally it has also become clear from various postings on this list that
the there are several votes that want Joey Borda and his current team to
continue their efforts, why not join them instead of posting results on
yet another website and using a system that as for now anyone yet has to
support.

Au contraire, there has been support. Curtis Kularski and Mark Poole didn't have a problem with it. Neither did Kristen Doyle and Micheal Sherrill. Sure, they may not agree it is the best way, but the agreed to be verified via paypal which is supportive. I would be happy to work with Joe, once I am reasonably satisfied with his identity. He did say he has a paypal account, so it should not be any trouble for him to send me $1 which I will immediately refund.

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos