Re: [atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

Hugh, Sotiris and all fellow members,

Hugh Blair wrote:

> [...]

  I think Sotiris does know whom am as we have chatted
on the phone on a couple of occasions.  And I was asking
BOTH you and Sotiris this question, not just you, hence
why I opened my response with "Hugh, Sotiris, and all fellow members"
Abel.  Perhaps you do not understand what such denotes?

> And BTW,
> pointing to URLs you've posted is no way to 'prove'
> that you even exist as "Jeff Williams" - that's just
> self advertising.

  I disagree.  If you are saying that the DOC/NTIA is not
adequate I am sure that they would strongly disagree.
Hence why I posted the URL of:
 http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/proposals/ineginc/ineginc.htm

At least the DOC/NTIA knows how to identify individuals as real people
without violating the persons privacy or opening them up to scams of
various sorts.

 In any event according to US law, which is the country where I live
and was borne, challenging a persons identity it is the challenger that
must prove that the person is NOT whom he/she says they are. And
this is why I believe that the membership committee is going to become
a very contentious and argumentative committee as some members
are NOT from the USA, land of the free and home of the brave,
and have arcane laws/rules/regulations regarding identification.

> Hugh

    Pierre Abelard