RE: [atlarge-discuss] ICANNAtlarge trademark infringement (was LET'SGET GOING: Determining a Chair forthePanel)

Richard Henderson wrote:

| I suppose the question is, did we previously adopt a process
| which rejected the most popular names in favour of the
| least offensive (but also least wanted) name?

Indeed.  More to the point, how many votes were cast for ICANNATLARGE, not
because the voter actually preferred it, but rather in protest because
lawyers were telling them not to?!  :)

I'd like to readdress our name as well.  I voted for ATLarge.org myself: I
think our vision should extend beyond ICANN.  Our goal should be
representing Internet users everywhere their rights are discussed.

Perhaps this issue can be readdressed in the next election, something like:

	"Would you like to hold a vote to select a new name for ICANNATLARGE.ORG?"

If the majority votes "yes" we can move on to discuss a replacement name.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon, USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info