RE: [atlarge-discuss] FW: Provisional Membership Committee- REPORT Part 1

<snip>
> I asked for a vote on this issue and the response was that
> nothing could be proposed or seconded or even discussed
> without a chairperson. Not even the proposal or seconding of
> a chairperson.
<snip>
> This behavior is not untypical of the membership of this
> organization, but makes progress very difficult.
<snip>
> Please note that none of the complainants had taken any kind
> of leadership position in the committee meeting, nor had they
> proposed any kind of report.
<snip>

Unfortunately, welcome to the atlarge at work - or not. While
you and a few others tried to make something substantial work,
the combination of talk-talk and not-here conspired to keep
keep your group from coming to a consensus. I hope that you
and many of your fellow workers will be a part of a future
standing committee for this purpose.

Hugh