Re: [atlarge-discuss] Quorum: Members said

Richard and all fellow members,

 This was my understanding as well.  But in reality such is besides
the larger and more important point or issue here.  That being
that the Jefsey-election was and remains at least a farce
as has been many times pointed out by a number of members
including some that the Jefsey-election falsely elected not
to mention that the Jefsey-election software/process has
yet to be published or independently properly audited.

  Joop seems to be wishing to ignore these FACTS...

Richard Henderson wrote:

> I don't really know why so much shit is talked about quorum... I thought we
> agreed *everyone* on the Panel votes, and if they don't, they soon get
> booted off.
>
> A proper quorum in my opinion is "six people out of the eleven in favour of
> a motion". If the majority of the panel does not support a motion, then it
> shouldn't be automatically passed. If one person positively abstains, then
> the figure remains six in favour. If two people abstain, then the figure
> becomes five in favour. It should always be a majority of the people who do
> not abstain, but ALL panelists should vote. Maybe you just say that "at
> least ten members of the panel must always vote". If they don't, you serve
> three days notice of a re-vote, and the non-voting panelists are expelled.
>
> There should be zero tolerance for panelists not voting.
>
> The quorum should be everyone, or at the very least 10 out of 11.
>
> Richard H

    Pierre Abelard