Re: Rockwell-Patent "Call me back"-Button

On 23 Mar 00, at 17:27, PILCH Hartmut wrote:

> > Was ist denn in solchen Faellen Gegenstand des Patentes, darf
> > kuenftig theoretisch niemand mehr so einen "One click" Button haben
> > ? Oder bezieht es sich nur auf bestimmte Innereien ?
>
> Man muesste hier die Patentansprueche auflisten, um das zu
> beantworten.

So isses.

US-A-5,991,394

http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-
Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=/netahtml/search-
adv.htm&r=1&p=1&f=G&l=50&d=curr&S1=5,991,394.WKU.&OS=PN/5,991,394&RS=P
N/5,991,394

-------------------------------- CUT ---------------------------------

[...]

1. A method for establishing voice communications between a computer
user and an agent, the computer user being associated with a user
computer and a telephone number of a telephone associated with the
computer user, the method comprising the steps of:

establishing a computer data base accessible by the user computer;

prompting the computer user to enter a call request in the computer
data base;

transmitting the call request from the computer data base to a
telephone switching system; and

automatically establishing voice communications between the agent and
the computer user by the telephone switching system in response to
the call request.

[...]

13. A method for establishing voice communications between a computer
user and an agent, the computer user being
associated with a user computer and a telephone, the method
comprising the steps of:

establishing a computer data base which is accessible by the user
computer;

receiving a call request by the computer user in the computer data
base for the agent to call the computer user, the call request
including a telephone number of the telephone associated with the
computer user;

transmitting the call request from the computer data base over a
computer network to a telephone switching system;

automatically dialing the telephone number of the telephone
associated with the computer user by the telephone switching
system based on the telephone number in the call request; and

automatically connecting the agent to the telephone by the telephone
switching system.

[...]

24. A method for establishing voice communications between a computer
user and an agent, the computer user being
associated with a user computer and a telephone number of a telephone
associated with the computer user, the method
comprising the steps of:

establishing a computer database accessible by the use computer;

prompting the computer user to enter a call request in the computer
database;

transmitting the call request from the computer database to a
telephone switching system having a telephone computer and an
automatic call distributor associated with the agent;

sending a dial request command from the telephone computer to the
automatic call distributor in response to the call request
from the computer database; and

automatically dialing the telephone number by the automatic call
distributor in response to the dial request command.

[...]

-------------------------------- CUT ---------------------------------

Jeder, der von einer der technischen Lehren gemaess der unabhaengigen
Ansprueche 1, 13 oder 24 *IN DEN VEREINIGTEN STAATEN* (oder mit
aufweisbarem Bezug zu deren Territorium) gewerblich Gebrauch macht,
verletzt das Patent US-A-5,991,394.

In anderen Laendern ist dieses Patent *nicht* unmittelbar anwendbar.

Es ist allerdings moeglich, dass Rockwell diese Erfindung auch in
anderen Laendern zum Patent angemeldet hat und dort ebenfalls ein
Patent erteilt worden ist oder noch erteilt werden wird. Die
Patentansprueche werden dann in der Regel aber von den in den USA
erteilten Anspruechen abweichen.

--AHH