[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FYI: Progress in Privacy Standards NYTimes.com 14/6/00
- To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: FYI: Progress in Privacy Standards NYTimes.com 14/6/00
- From: zze-THOMAS Frank FTRD/DIH/ISS <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:27:45 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Sender: email@example.com
Progress in Privacy Standards
The Federal Trade Commission and Internet advertisers said
they had made progress negotiating a set of voluntary
privacy standards for the companies to follow when building
profiles of Web surfers. But the commission was not ready to
say whether such an agreement would go far enough to
eliminate the need for federal legislation.