[FYI] Lack of agreement by ministers on Union patents

http://www.eu2001.se/eu2001/news/news_read.asp?iInformationID=12910

-------------------------------- CUT -----------------------------

Lack of agreement by ministers on Union patents

Date: 13/03/2001

Policy area: Internal market, consumer affairs and tourism News item:
Front-page news

The meeting of the Internal Market, Consumer Affairs and Tourism
Council opened with an debate on the preparations for the summit in
Stockholm from an internal market perspective. The ministers also
tried to reach agreement on a common EU patent but without success.

"I regret that we were not able to come to an agreement on a rapid
advance of the process towards a Union patent", comments Ministers
for Trade, Leif Pagrotsky, after the meeting.