[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Niemoller quote
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter Meyer)
- Subject: Re: Niemoller quote
- From: email@example.com (Simone Demmel)
- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 21:15:33 +0200 (MET DST)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comment: This Message comes from the debate mailing list.
- In-Reply-To: <31F19675.77FD@magnet.ch> from Peter Meyer at "Jul 21, 96 04:31:17 am"
- Sender: email@example.com
Peter Meyer wrote:
> X-URL: http://www.fitug.de/archiv/satire/first.html
> In Germany they first came for the Communists,
> and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
> I'd be grateful if you could provide me with the original
> German for the following (or was it originally in English?):
As far, as I know, the text was originally in English.
There seems to be several versions of this 'poem' out there, but all
Quotes are in English as well, Pastor Martin Niemoler was german.
Here some sources:
Ich liebe mein Internet...
firstname.lastname@example.org Simone Demmel Muenchen (Germany)
Fax.: 089/354 59 80
Member of The HTML Writers Guild (http://guild.infovav.se/)