[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
QuickLinks - Statistics from the UK
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: QuickLinks - Statistics from the UK
- From: Josef Dietl <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 23:04:50 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Brits fear the Internet, survey indicates (Nando.net Scripps Howard)
Far from embracing the brave new world of the Internet, most Britons
view it with fear and suspicion, a report published Monday reveals.
Fears that it aids fraud, creates unsociable computer nerds and
cultivates porn addicts abound among the largely technophobic public.
The survey, by the consumer magazine Which? Online, found people were
most concerned about the accessibility of pornography and other
illegal materials on the Internet, with nearly six out of 10 (58
percent) believing it undermined public morality. Only 13 percent said
they would feel comfortable allowing their children to use the
Internet unsupervised, and 72 percent believed it should be regulated.
F-06902 Sophia-Antipolis Cedex