[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Linux Today: Infoworld Circulating Petition to Halt UCITA
- To: Marit Köhntopp <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Linux Today: Infoworld Circulating Petition to Halt UCITA
- From: Kristian Köhntopp <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:58:00 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: NetUSE GmbH
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Infoworld Circulating Petition to Halt
Jun 23rd, 03:26:29
Thanks to Matt Benjamin for this report.
From June 21 InfoWorld:
InfoWorld is sponsoring a petition to defeat UCITA, the reincarnated form of the recent
attempt by Microsoft and other software companies to reform the US Uniform Commercial
Exempt software producers from consumer protection and product liability laws.
Ratify the most extreme forms of shrink-wrapped licensing--where the user is held to
terms only disclosed when software was installed
Outlaw reverse engineering
US citizens can sign the petition by sending their name and state of residence in an email to
More information at http://archive.infoworld.com/UCITA.
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE Kommunikationstechnologie GmbH
Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel, Germany, +49 431 386 436 00
Using PHP3? See our web development library at