[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Standardisation of electronic signatures
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [FYI] Standardisation of electronic signatures
- From: "Axel H. Horns" <Horns@t-online.de>
- Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 19:49:30 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Comments: Sender has elected to use 8-bit data in this message. If problems arise, refer to postmaster at sender's site.
- Organization: PA Axel H. Horns
- Sender: email@example.com
CORDIS RTD-NEWS/© European Communities, 1999.
Record Control Number: 13655
A call aimed at awarding studies in response to the recommendations
made by the European electronic signature standardisation initiative
(EESSI) report is now open. These studies should help to clarify
specific areas from a standardisation perspective, and identify how
standardisation could further support the implementation of the
Directive on electronic signatures in specific areas.
The studies will cover the following areas:
- Lot 1: identification and naming;
- Lot 2: certificate path validation;
- Lot 3: signature policy;
- Lot 4: scalable revocations and scalable
- Lot 5: requirements for CSPs issuing attribute
- Lot 6: role of notaries;
- Lot 7: trusted archival services;
- Lot 8: use of biometrics in relation to
The EESSI report is available on the Web, from:
The deadline for requesting tender documents is 14 October 1999. The
deadline for submission of tenders is 22 October 1999.
Data Source Provider: Official Journal of the European Communities
Document Reference: OJ No S 182 of 18.9.1999, p. 34.
Subject Index Codes: Standards
For further information, please contact:
DG III - Industry
Unit B.3 - Industrial Aspects of Electronic
Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 200