[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Information vs Meaning?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [FYI] Information vs Meaning?
- From: "Axel H. Horns" <Horns@t-online.de>
- Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 19:49:29 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Comments: Sender has elected to use 8-bit data in this message. If problems arise, refer to postmaster at sender's site.
- Organization: PA Axel H. Horns
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
CORDIS RTD-NEWS/© European Communities, 1999.
Record Control Number: 13653
'Information vs Meaning?' is the subject of the first in a series of
Scope annual conferences that will explore the impact of information
technology on human experience. Scope 1 is to be held in Vienna,
Austria, on 30 September and 1 October 1999.
The first conference will ask what new tools and strategies for
acquiring knowledge look set to emerge. International speakers from
fields of development, science, design and management will present
their experiences of current developments and how they may interplay
to create a new scenario.
Scope is organised into four sections plus an on-line section
entitled 'making sense of the world'. These include knowledge
interfaces, disappearing information, vanishing boundaries and a view
from the balcony.
The on-line section is designed as an open forum where everybody -
from speakers to attendees to the on-line community - is invited to
contribute their personal strategy for making sense of a changing
Data Source Provider: Telematics Applications Programme News
Document Reference: Event announcement.
Subject Index Codes: Information Processing, Information Systems
For further information please contact:
AHR Congress Service
Tel. +43-1-4027755; Fax +43-1-402805