Re: [ICANN-EU] Revised version of "Things to Ask for at MDR"

> Hello Thomas,
>
> >  A slightly revised version of our list of issues and demands is
> >  available from the following URL:
> >  <http://www.does-not-exist.org/roessler/requirements.pdf>
> >

> I like the proposition you've worked out with Jeanette.
>
> What I miss, and pls correct me if I'm wrong or didn't understood it
> correctly, is a structure for communication activity for all board members
> to the netcitizens.

First of all: Our list of proposed bylaw changes is by no means complete yet.
The overall idea of this list had been to come up with a motion or petition for
equal terms among all board members.
We expect to get some input to this regard at the icann members meeting in
MDR.
The outline of a communication structure has been dealt with elsewhere. Hans
Klein has put together a nice draft on an "Interim Coordinating Committee" to
be formed in MDR, Thomas Roessler has described mailing lists as a tool to
the same end.

> And some structured interactivity. Everybody should be able to contribute to
> complex issues. Maybe somebody in the board should be responsible to moderate
> the communication between the board and the netcitizens.

I don't think that the interaction between the board and the at large
membership can or should be delegated to one person.

jeanette